1. Applicants must be an Alberta or British Columbia resident, between the ages of 17 and 25 years as of January 1 of the application year.
2. Qualified applicants must be pursuing a post-secondary education, preferably in an Agriculture related field.
3. Scholarship(s) will be given in the amount of $500.00 and must be used at a recognized post secondary or graduate institution.
4. Selected recipients will be required to be in their second semester of post secondary school before the scholarship funds will be released. A valid student ID number and a copy of first semester transcript proving they are in good academic standing is required.
5. Previous applicants not chosen as recipients may reapply.
6. The top 5 applicants may be selected to interview with the ACA Youth and 4-H committee.
7. Deadline to apply is October 31of the application year.
Fill out the application, save a copy on your computer with your name included in the file name (ie: ‘John Smith Scholarship.pdf ’). If more room is needed for your answers, additional pages may be added. No more than 1 sheet per question. Please save the additional pages with your name on it again (ie: ‘John Smith Add.doc’) as either a .doc, .docx or .pdf..
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
Alberta Charolais Association
Attn: ACA SCHOLARSHIP
PO Box 269
Lamont, Alberta• T0B 2R0
Application Deadline: October 31of the application year. Applications postmarked/emailed after November 1 of the application year will NOT be considered.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com or call 780-485-7865
PERSONAL INFORMATION: PART (A)
INVOLVEMENT WITH CHAROLAIS BREED: (CCYA, Use of Purebred bulls, 4-H Projects, etc)
POST SECONDARY INFORMATION: PART (B)
LENGTH OF COURS (YEARS):___________________________________________
YEAR OF GRADUATION:________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION:_________________________________________________________
EDUCATION BACKGROUND: PART (C)
NAME OF LAST SECONDAR SCHOOL:___________________________________
YEAR:_________________________________________________________________ AVERAGE GRADE (%):___________
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT: PART (D)
Please answer the following in essay format. Answers must be typed. Please do not exceed the number of words allotted.
- How and where does the Charolais breed fit in the beef industry in Alberta and/or British Columbia in the future? (250 words)
- How will you contribute to the beef industry in Alberta in the future, either through the education you are seeking, the personal career you are seeking or otherwise? Does the Charolais breed fit in those plans? (250 words)
REFERENCES: PART (E)
Name two persons, other than relatives or members of the institution staff, to whom reference may be made as to personal qualities and for verification of information supplied.
Statement of Applicant:
I hereby certify that the information I have included with this application is complete and true in all respects.